Before 1166 Elvetham had apparently passed from the Ports, to Stephen de Bendeng, who in that year, was holding it at 1/4 of a knight's fee, of the Abbot of Chertsey. This same property was held by Adam de Bendeng in 1212, and there is very little doubt that the same estate is referred to in the Testa de Nevill, which states that Adam de Bendeng held 1 hide A variable unit of land, enough for a household in Elvetham. Adam who died in 1229, had a son, Walter, who died in 1232, leaving a son William, who was under age; he and his father's land was entrusted to the custody of Walter de Faukenberge, and when William died, two years later, the manor passed to his aunt Maud, wife of Geoffrey Sturmey, ancestor of John Seymour, Earl of Hertford 1537, and Duke of Somerset 1541. Vol iv p75
Geoffrey fitz Peter whose name appears in the obituary of the priory, had a sister, Juliana, who married Stephen Bendeng of Winchfield, and to her he gave 1/3 of the vill ofHartley Witney in free marriage, so that for some time there were two distinct holdings in this parish - one of the nuns, and the other of the Bendengs. Gradually by benefactions of, or purchase from, the latter family, the priory of Hartley Witney extended its holdings, until in 1258 the Bendengs finally quitclaimed to the nuns, in the person of Alda, the wife of Stephen Bendeng, grandson of Juliana, the sister of Geoffrey fitz Peter. Vol iv p79
Henry II granted twelve pounds worth of land to William de Bendeng in 1174/5,
(20 Hry II, 21 Hry II). On William's death, he was succeeded by Adam de
Bendeng, who died seised (in possession of) in 1229. His heir was his son
Walter, who died three years later, leaving a son, William, under age_
see Elvetham. Vol iv
Manor of Polling
It is first mentioned in 1305, when Henry Sturmey died seised of it, but it seems to have formed part of the estate held at Odiham, by his ancestor, William de Bendeng.
Manor of Murrell
In 1202/3 Gunilda, wife of Arthur de Morhala, granted to Gunilda de Brok, a croft of land in Murrell, called Northcroft, for her life. The manor of
Murrell had been acquired before the middle of the 13th century by Adam de
Bendeng, and it apparently, from this time, followed from the same descent
as the manor of Polling
Manor of Winchfield
It passed before the beginning of the 13th century, to the Bendengs, who held land at Liss, Odiham and Elvetham, at an early date. Stephen de Bendeng was a tenant of the Abbot of Chertsey in 1166, and in 1207 King John gave all Maurice de Bendeng's land in Winchfield and Hartley to John fitz Hugh. Restitution must have been made shortly after, as Maurice appears as one of the knights of the Abbey in Chertsey, 1211-1212, holding half a knight's fee, and in 1213, Stephen, son of Maurice de Bendeng, had livery of all of his father's lands in Hampshire.
In 1230-1 an agreement was made between Stephen and Peter de Bendeng, by which Peter granted to Stephen, the manor of Winchfield, with the exception of the advowson The right of presentaion to a church benefice of the church, to be held by Stephen, of Peter, for 3/4 of a knight's fee. Peter de Bendeng held the manor in 1279-80, and claimed there view of frankpledge, assize of bread and ale, tumbril and pillory. He granted two thirds of the manor in 1288-9, to Ralph de Sandwich, with the reversion of a messuage and a mill and six virgates of land, in the manor, which John de Cheverdon and Alda his wife, held for the life of Alda, who was the widow of Stephen de Bendeng.
Tenement called Chiverton (now Chiverton Farm)
Chiverton takes its name from its owners in the 13th century, John de Cheverden. John and his wife acquired land in Winchfield in 1255-6 from William de Stratton, and in 1279 Peter de Bendeng granted to John de Cheverden, a messuage, and two parts of a mill, and some land at Winchfield, to be held by John for his life, with reversion to Peter.
Manor of Frobury
Stephen de Turnham held the manor in right of his wife, Edelina, until his death about 1214, when it passed to his widow. Edelina survived her husband about six years, leaving, by him, five daughters and co-heirs, including Alice, the wife of Adam de Bendeng.
Two hides of land in Nether Wallop, which in the 16th century acquired the name of Wallop Heathmanstreet, were held in the 12th century by the Norman family of Bendeng.In 1208 KIng John granted the estate lately belonging to Stephen de Bendeng to his servant Matthew de Wallop, to hold during his pleasure.